Starting probs with weedeater strimmer

I've inherited a non-starter (XT20T); have stripped and cleaned carb and it does have a reasonable spark. Can anyone suggest starting settings for the two mixture screws? The manual refers to "limiter cap stops" but it seems to have lost these. What a pest to have plastic all around the engine, it means I can't use my favourite trick of warming it all up with the hot air gun first!

it
two
have
can't
If it's any help, a lot of pop-pops I've played with had the mixture screw turned all the way in then 1 1/2 turns out to begin with.
One of them is probably the idle screw. The setting for that? Don't know :o) I'd try same again - all the way in then 1 1/2 out.
Si
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (OldScrawn) wrote:
Hello OldScrawn

Not specific, but generic mixture settings for 2-strokes are:
Hi And Low: Tighten fully (not overtight or you'll snap the jets off), then unscrew between 1-1.5 full turns. Husqy and Jonsered are around 1.25. It should start at that, but further fine tuning required after.
--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK
Thanks, will give that a try. Then it's on to the ether spray.....