WEEDEATER QUESTION

My neighbor was throwing away her Craftsman Weedeater. I asked her what was wrong with it? She said some piece was missing on the bottom, so she bought a new one. I asked her if I could have it and she said sure. I brought it home, checked the gas, full choked it, and it cranked right up!

The part missing is the string and the bottom piece holding the string. The top of the assembly is there. I checked Sears web site and discovered that the part I need is not available..........figures!

I put some wire on the ends hoping it would work until I can get a universal string attachment Tuesday, but the thing won't turn. Anyone know why?

Thanks.

Reply to
Don Kaminska

When it is started, does the shaft turn. Let it idle, lay it down and look at the business end and see if anything is turning. If not, it might not be worth fixing. If so, a bolt might just be overtightened.

Reply to
Brooks Gregory

i was in the local harbor freight store in my area last week and for like $6.00 they sell a thing that you add onto the bottom of a weedwacker to replace the nasty spool of cord that keeps jamming up... it looks like you drill two holes on the sides of the drum on the bottom and put two of the (many, about 20 that come in the pack) thick corded pieces about 5 in. long and 1/4 in thick into these two holes from the inside of the hub and they spin around when you run the weedwacker.. they are held in place by small brass colored metal pieces so they dont come out of the holes... i think next time i go back to harbor freight i will look for some and get them.... try doing a search on

and use the search words: weed trimmer and such to see if they come up... hope this helps....

Reply to
jim