Ssomeone told me today that MrBrown...

has slapped a tax stamp on hiring a skip and its price has risen to £60 for a small one, is this true?

If it is the stupid sod has just enhanced the fly tipping fraternity.

Reply to
George

Yep. The main details are here :-

Andy Cap

Funny you should say that, I rang up for a skip 2 weeks ago, and he told me it had had to go up by £40. I didnt query it, as it is still reasonable (£160) compared to others. Alan

Reply to
A.Lee

What size? this was a mini skip.

Reply to
George

Our firm has increased prices by £15 for a six yard skip as a result of the tax change.... (from £120 to £135)

Reply to
John Rumm

8yd. Mini skips were £60 before the rise, but I dont know what they are now. £60 now is still cheap, I've paid £80 for them within the last year. Alan.
Reply to
A.Lee

Of course, I meant 6 yard but the demon finger slip caused me to type 8.

Reply to
A.Lee

Typical of Gordon 'how can I get my hands in their pockets' bastard Brown.

At least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Quite. I don't quite see how this is expected to alter behaviour as in the stated purpose. If people need a skip to get rid of rubbish, they need a skip.

I thought that Gordon did. Surely no real person could look that miserable the whole time. Mind you he has a lot to be miserable about, and justifiably so.

Reply to
Andy Hall

In message , Andy Hall writes

It does seem rather muddy thinking: we need more affordable housing so lets tax aggregate extraction, we need full employment and we are running out of tip space so lets tax the disposal of consumer durables, we need a new generation of workers to fund our pensions so lets tax families who put more than average in their bins.....

On a larger scale skip tax may work in that it encourages developers to dispose of arisings on site: noise bunds, landscaping etc. but at the domestic level just a tax.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

The only thing that Gordon would understand is a bullet in the head! To quote someone elses sig "Some people are only alive because it is illegal to kill them"

Reply to
cynic

:

Good job my demolition phase was last year, what with the many skips ! Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Just like everything else nulabor does.

I "like" Gordon Brown more than Tony Blair. He is less "convincing" and hopefully enough of the voters will see through the spin and vote them out next election.

Reply to
Mark

I reckon he's had a stroke or has Bell's Palsy.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

And when people needed to get rid of a fridge and found they had to pay, what did they do?

Reply to
mogga

I reported a frig on the verge near my house. On his way to collect it, the council bloke found another two ...

Reply to
Huge

Good ruse ! ;-)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

You get to see a lot of people bonking by you? ;-)

Reply to
George

As it happens, yes. And last week one (the girl was too embarrassed to speak) rather shamefacedly requested a tow out of a ditch. :o)

I couldn't drag an electrians van with several tonnes of junk in it out - the tow rope broke. It did prompt me to buy a proper recovery strop, though.

Hope they enjoyed the sex.

Reply to
Huge

I've been called out to tow the police out from the lane behind my home several times now. That's usually one male, and one female copper in a shitty Daihatsu or X-trail that isn't up to proper off-roading. I wonder...

Reply to
Steve Firth