Spur lightweight alluminium shelf brackets.

I've got some of the rather old Spur lightweight shelving system in use which I'd like to modify. It's the type that has a single 'T' slot in the support, rather than the more common twin slot type.

Spur do seem to still list it, and it's on sale on Ebay too - but only the uprights. Which I don't need. I just want some extra different sized brackets. Preferably in the original finish which was plain anodised aluminium. Although any finish would be better than nothing.

The bracket length I want is 6", but 4" would do at a pinch. Not for a high load.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Something to look out for ... I had some of the twin slot type, and was looking for additional brackets for the existing track, found the same manufacturer (some German company name stamped into them can't remember who) and thought that would work, but then realised they'd changed the vertical spacing of the holes, so the new brackets wouldn't fit the old tracks ... dunno if Spur might have made a similar "product improvement" over the years?

Reply to
Andy Burns

You could ask Spur if they have any brackets as they've said they buy up old stock and *may* have parts

These people say they have T slot (Spur Budget) cantilever brackets (but they're out of stock on their ebay page)

Probably those are the two you've already tried, though.

I don't know how similar the single-slot Aspect range from Irmongery Direct is.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I seem to remember the current incarnation of Spur being spamming gits who have several times caused annoyance here. My first thought as I read the subject line was that this was going to be another one of their spam attempts...

Reply to
polygonum

March 2017 News from the SPUR shelving factory in Devon.

We are delighted to advise that due to the huge demand and constant request s for replacement aluminium T-Slot shelf brackets, we hove now updated and refurbished the tooling for this ever popular shelving system. We have now manufactured stock of shelf brackets in 150mm, 200mm, 250mm, 300mm and 350m m sizes.

We are currently offering, a raw finish suitable for anodising and powder c oated finishes. We are in discussion with a number of High Street retailers and hope that this product range will be widely available soon in the mean time product will be available from our online store.

Spur Shelving

You're a bit late with this. Was looking for replacements several years ago. Those with sense will already have changed to something which is current - and not wait years for you to get your act together.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

... British industry ...

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Other problem was the lack of information and warnings with this stuff. That it was only suitable for light use. In tests where everything was exactly right, it could take a reasonable load. But if not aligned correctly would fail with a much lower laod. Hence most systems now using twin slots which are self aligning. And being made of steel rather than aluminium.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)