Spilt milk in car

Jeez, but you're an idiot. It's also the stated cure for milk on carpets & furnishings but I'd not tried it.

There's a difference between being acidic & being an Alien style melt through metal bulkheads acid. The milk'll do as much harm to any connectors it finds.

Reply to
Scott M

Our van was like that - a low-speed impact with a deer didn't do too much physical damage, but it set the airbags and tensioners off, and the cost to fix those would have been around equal to the cost of fixing everything else, so the previous owner's insurance company coughed up the money and were going to scrap it.

We bought it from them as salvage for next to nothing and (legally) put it back on the road - our insurance company don't care about the fact that it has no airbags so long as we have it just on basic cover, and replacement seatbelts are available without the explosive pretensioners.

I've got a bit of black tape stuck over the airbag warning light until I get around to taking the bulb out :-)

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Jules Richardson saying something like:

My SOJC and classic have nothing in the way of that kind of stuff and yet I'm not dead. Just like driving in the 70s and 80s all over again.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Well yes, not that I've been stupid enough set any off unintentionally.

Reply to
Jerry

: : There's a difference between being acidic & being an Alien style melt : through metal bulkheads acid. The milk'll do as much harm to any : connectors it finds. :

You really are one sure cretin.

Reply to
Jerry

It worked well for me once - and the stuff I put in was better than what I took out. Made the carpet seem softer.

Reply to
John

Park the car so that sun shines on the affected area (having cleaned that as much as possible). Have a small fan blowing on the area and have the windows open.

Reply to
Matty F

Years ago a large milk tanker split open on a highway nearby

We had to hold out breath whilst driving by the area for almost a decade

You will need to remove and repeatedly wash anything the milk soaked into including the padding under the carpet

It also likely wicked further than it seems

RE: selling the car see "Seinfeld" season 4 epidode 21 "The Smelly Car" Remove SPAMX from email address

Reply to
Jim Michaels

I would suggest that would have about as much effect on the problem, as politely asking it to stop smelling ... :-)

Anyway, there won't be any more sun now for at least 6 months !

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

That method works well here in NZ :)

Reply to
Matty F

: : Plenty of ventilation. A smell is only a chemical that eventually : evaporates. Look at second hand car sales places and they all have doors : or hatch back doors open when the weather if dry. :

Yes, but for completely different reasons, mostly to stop condensation, thus preventing (musty) smells building up rather than curing the problem once there - the only way of getting rid of the smell is to get rid of what is causing the smell.

Reply to
Jerry

I know this is a pretty late reply but what has worked in the past for me is an enzyme based odour killer, the affected area has to be kept damp for a while with a damp towel for the enzymatic action to take place.

VAG_dude

It's an 06 Discovery 3 which does decent duty carting kids up to the Lecht and Glenshee for the Ski race training, carting myself and friends with 4 road bikes to events around the country, carting our climbing group to local crags and further afield, and carrying kayacks to various rivers around Scotland.

It's a working car, not a show-vehicle.

OT: I'm just back from the Ullapool Mor cycle event, 130 miles with

12000 feet of climb. My target was just to finish, but I did 9h14m, which I was well pleased with.

of me:
'm in the red, Terry my cow-orker is in yellow.

( Apologies for the atrocious slow photo website, must be something the photographer does to prevent people stealing his images! )

Reply to
Ron Lowe

yes indeed.

Local valet company said enzyme cleaner too, and we are going that route at the moment.

Failing that, we will look at ripping out the carpets.

Reply to
Ron Lowe

Bloody hell, not a website with a bit of flash, it's a flashsite

I'm sure anyone can guess the sequence of URLs from there ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks,

How did you pull out the naked URLS from the Flash Hell?

Reply to
Ron Lowe

TCP packet sniffing

tcpdump -i wlan0 -nn -A port 80 | grep -i content-location

Reply to
Andy Burns

> Thanks, yes indeed.

Try the Prochem stuff first.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Ah, that would be it then. Your sun is different from ours - it's upside down ... :-)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

It may be upside down, but at least we can see our sun. Your sun is obscured by clouds and the remnants of the Industrial Revolution, so it won't even melt snow:

Matty F