Spectacles !

Does the price rise markedly with high cylinder values? I can certainly see 1.74 lenses at £120 for reglaze with the spherical component you need.

Reply to
Rod

The Natural Philosopher

Blimey. Isn't it about time you wired a pair of videocams straight into your nervous system?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Reply to
PeterC

Who said that?

Reply to
Grant

Sure does. Most places only go to -2.00 cyl. Some will do -6.00. The labs who make them in -10 are in rocking horse shit territory.

Reply to
Grant

Even that place geoff suggested isn't cheap, or their internet trading arm isn't. They don't even list varifocals with cylinder, they do bi-focals and that's about it. A point to remember is that many labs only work to 5 degree steps on the cylinder, I can see a 1 degree difference and I am happy to pay extra for that precision.

Reply to
dennis

Don't know if they do them, but if anyone suggests spex4less, don't bother. The email address I gave them has been leaked and I'm getting spam to it now.

In message , geoff writes

You are, of course, going to get better service if you go there in person

When you buy glasses from an optician - this is one of the companies that actually makes the lenses

ignore dennis, he's a pratt

Reply to
geoff