Spectacles !

..I only need to slide the glasses up or down my nose a little bit ..

Image of this auto-focus mechanism on your face tuning your glasses position so that you can see.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

It is called a hand.

In fact, after many decades, the movement is so automatic that I don't notice I am doing it any more.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

That is only 0.5 dioptre worse than the minimum standard for airline pilots.

Over 10 dipotres is classed as requiring 'complex' lenses, for which I got free eye tests, even before I qualified by age, and IIRC £12.50 towards the cost of a new pair of glasses.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old: Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning We will remember them

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Reply to
Nightjar

"Laydees aand Gentlemen -

put your hands together for the Grateful Dead"

Reply to
geoff

In message , "dennis@home" writes

What about the 48" waist which says you can't see your todger ?

Reply to
geoff

"The UK.d-i-y newsgroup will, from now on, be transmitted in Braille ..."

Reply to
geoff

Now double it by wearing contacts and lenses.

Reply to
dennis

At least my wife will be able to read it out to me then - she works in a school for the blind. Rob

Reply to
robgraham

In message , Grant writes

Reply to
Clive Page

Reply to
Nightjar

In message , Grant writes

Reply to
geoff

Reply to
Nightjar

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Reply to
geoff

If you can point me in the direction of 1.74 lenses for -0.25 sph -9.75 cyl / -3.25 sph -5.50 cyl that cost £100 a pair I'll happily pay £100 for the info.

Reply to
Grant

You will probably have to visit so that they can measure your face

Reply to
geoff