Source for old workmate fold-up leg clips>

Anyone know where you can get the plastic sort of cam/clip things for the legs on an old black and decker workmate?
For the model where the four legs fold in diagonally.
Thanks
Jc.

Thought about it then donated the old one to charity and bought a new one.

Good question... one of mine has broken too. It's been annoying the pants of me for the last 5 years!
Colin
Me too.
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 10:37:47 +0100, "Colin"

Lawrence
usenet at lklyne dt co dt uk

Found them on the B&D website. Mine is a WM536. Part no. 374985-49 - seems quite common on most of the Workbenches.
Does anyone know a good site on-line where I can order the parts? They come in sets of 4, do 3 others want to split the cost?
Colin
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 10:37:47 +0100, "Colin"

I was under the impression B&D/DeWalt supported their products, is this not the case - I could use some new dogs for mine, this set has only lasted about 15-20 years. (cheap rubbish they make lately, don't last 5 minutes! ;O)
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Centre Information System->Black and Decker->Indoor->Workbench, Vice etc - they list parts by model number. Could also win the prize for the worlds slowest web site when I tried it :-)
--
Alan Shilling
Remove packaging from e-mail address before replying

Thanks, I'll try figure which model it is and make a few calls.
Jc.

Excerpt from the B&D FAQ at www.blackanddecker.com is reproduced below. Personally, I ended up contacting their HQ a few months back about a replacement vice handle for my >30-year-old workmate, and they provided one FOC by return; I was well impressed.
Q. Where can I buy spare parts? A. Spare Parts, including Batteries and Chargers, can be purchased through any of our Authorised Repair Agents. You can search for your nearest Repair Agent by following the link below:
http://62.146.25.230/servicecentre.asp?mktid=2&sid !&lid=1
Alternately if you cannot find an agent locally to yourself the spares can be ordered from our regional mail order suppliers listed below:
South East England - N & J Tools on 0208 399 6411 South West England and Wales - Miles Hardware on 01935 421 281 Midlands - Heath Hayes Marine on 01543 275048 North West - G Wardill Ltd - 01482 442188 North east - J Carr on 01205 351555 Scotland - R & J Saw Services on 0141 551 8800 Nth Ireland - Weldtec 028 7032 9523
Josey wrote:

Have you tried B&D service centre??
Go to B&D web site--you can get a number to call and will reach a dealer eventually--worked for me for parts.

Can't be that old - mine are steel.
--
*Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have *

It must be at least 20 years old if memory serves me correctly.
Jc.