Sort of OT childrens story making

Does any one know of some free program that will let you insert your child's name through an existing book and print it yourself,(they call it personalising) I have seen some companies who do it for you and print the book and sell it to you.

Reply to
F Murtz

I remmeber seeing someone planing that business model on dragons den. can't remeber the oputcome though

Reply to
whisky-dave

Not going to be easy to produce a pro looking book at home?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

searching for / free personalised story / in Google produces lots of results

(create your own story)

or download an appropriate text from Project Gutenberg etc and use search-and-replace

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

It is not that difficult. I used to know a chap who did fore edge painting and he sometimes had to rebind the books first. However, if you don't already have the equipment, having the book printed by somebody else will work out cheaper.

Reply to
Nightjar

Feed the text into Word and use search/replace.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright