So what DIY projects are planned for the next year then?

Just wondering what grand schemes we can look forward to reading about ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

I might get a driveway.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Clearing the back garden ...

Erecting a canopy type structure to shelter the caravan/Landrover.

Move a metal-posted, wooden fence panel, 'very old' fence back four feet so it actually runs along our boundary fence .. which might just mean scrapping it and getting a new one! :)

Re-lay part of the back garden that's currently covered with wobbly paving slabs. Dunno if I should just remove the slabs and concrete it thobut ..

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Just finishing the kitchen. Then its build a partition wall in bedroom to create a walk-in wardrobe and then redecorate it around Feb time. Then its de moss the roof and tidy guttering then consider painting the exterior walls. After that I have to resite the shed and then re slab the back garden.

For consideration if I am not p,,,ed off by then, I have 2 bathrooms to redo and another bedroom to decorate and fit carpet. I also have a lounge carpet to fit but may get someone in to do that.

Reply to
ss

oak paneling part of the bedroom, window seat and more wardrobes featuring girly shoe storage.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In message , John Rumm writes

Oh! The *jobs to do list*.

There's the Victorian timber barn needs a steel frame fabricating and inserting followed by insulating and re-cladding the walls plus re-slating the roof.

Of the two now redundant workshops.... one needs partitioning/re-roofing to create a timber store and better toilets. The other has been provisionally booked as a *massage parlour*. I kid you not! Apparently, the lady who gives my wife a massage has fallen out with her landlord and is looking for new premises. To get this project passed by the planners I might have to indulge in a ground source heat pump system.

Putting a boiler in the log burner is still under consideration as is putting under floor heating in the farmhouse ground floor.

Agriculturally speaking, apart from routine work, I have about a mile of fencing to erect.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I've just been informed by management that we are having a new bathroom this year.

I'll be looking for ideas for showerscreens - curtain drives me mad and there isn't a wall to fit a screen to easily...

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

Finish decorating the hall. Did most of it just before Christmas - "glossing" in process.

Reply to
polygonum

This room was last decorated in 2004, having laid the wooden floor I never got round to refitting the skirting boards. And what I think of as the 'new sofa' is 20 years old and so bad for my back I can't sit in it. And I now work from home full-time so I really do need make some clear space... So I think his room will have to be redecorated. ... and the bedroom last redecorated circa 1998, and the damp/leak from the roof ... and the peeling paint on the windows, because the last contractors to do the outside did a poor job... ...

Reply to
djc

For your Staurday nights out?

;->

Reply to
Tim Watts

House: Now me and SWMBO have (apparantly) stable jobs, and might actually go a year without changing them:

Immediate: Slap some old paving slabs down out front over a dead end bit of the garden and stick a couple of small cheap sheds up, flat pck jobbies. One for bikes, one for garden tools.

House:

Wire lights properly (first job, while weather is s**te).

Get roofer to retile, incorportaing 3" celotex and breathable membrane

Drop long runs of pipe in and cap off, for future CH install (to save taking up half the floor, see next item).

Loose fit new planked floor upstairs (loose so it seasons in situ prior to full fix down), cover with cheap heavy DPM to protect

Book a mate and strip the platerboard and final galss wool, celotex under flat dormer roof from inside (easy), replasterboard. Remodel timber walls a little.

Board out the 4 corner roof voids for storage with ply screwed down to spead the load a little ove rthe 4" ceiling joists.

Fit 4 new uPVC windows to upstairs

Book plaster to skim.

Paint.

Finally, sign off on storage...

Reply to
Tim Watts

In planet Squidward, I would:

1) Build a gallows to hang that steaming lying bastard with the grinning penguin for a wife, for treasonous activities. 2) Build a platform for the hanging, drawing and quartering of that scottish bastard for shafting the economy. 3) Knock up a flail for whipping the bastards at HMRC who are happy to have me doing pointless tax returns on pain of a fine, whilst letting massive corporations off loads of tax. Bastards.
Reply to
Tim Watts

Finish the kitchen. Tiling the floor is the last main job now, before fitting the kitchen units and completing the electrics. Then, when the rest of the house is renovated, convert the loft. Estimated for 2020 ! Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Front ceiling and attic space - just finishing off the rear ceiling and attic. Then kitchen and drainage.

Reply to
grimly4

I don't mind curtain, but I've been looking for *something* to do at the shower head-end because the kids always leave a gap between curtain and wall, and then end up flooding the place. It needs some kind of vertical 'lip', I think, so that anything that gets through the gap just runs down and back into the drain...

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Education. Get them to clean up the flood and show them how to avoid it in the first place.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Got back from the Smoke yesterday to find half the greenhouse panes around the garden (they're not glass). They're clipped in but are also supposed to be stuck in with a double-sticky-sided rubber strip. We deliberately left the covering tape between the panes and the rubber strips so we could take them out if needed (in fact sparks needed to remove one).

But after yesterday's windiness I think we'll be taking them out and glueing them back in next summer.

Reply to
Tim Streater