Potatoes for next year

I planted potatoes in my garden this year, and they did rather well. I'd like to save some of the smaller ones to grow next year, if I can. Can I do that? What do I need to do?

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Unless you have a big problem with mice and voles, put them out where you want them to grow next year and cover them with a thick layer of straw. Pull most of the straw off next spring. Or next spring, transplant the ones you missed this year harvesting potatoes. (It *will* happen.)

I've always had better results storing my potatoes in the ground out in the garden under a heavy layer of straw than anywhere in the house, even with the risk of mice getting to them.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

snipped-for-privacy@someplace.net.net (Pat Kiewicz) wrote in news:6fKdnVTVCo4NtJTYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Thanks for the advice. I'll try it.