Small scratch in glass

Hello I have a window with a small 8mm scratch. It feel quite deep. I'm sure this cannot be polished out without affecting the area around the scratch too much. Is there any filler/resin that can be put in the scratch and then levelled off when set to provide an invisible fix? Ta.

Reply to
Grumps

Have you considered one of those DIY car windscreen chip filler kits?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

A window in what? If this is on a car, and you have comp. insurance, you can probably get a free repair at one of the windscreen replacement places. If it's a house window, the same stuff very likely works. Whether it's economic for you to buy a kit for one scratch I don't know.

Reply to
Laurence Payne

In message , Laurence Payne writes

That's what Autoglass tell you anyway

Have you ACTUALLY looked at your policy

Reply to
geoff

It used to be true, but every policy I've had in recent years has imposed a charge for windscreen replacement.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Insurance/Autoglass will *repair* your windscreen free under a lot of policies, they won't *replace* it for nothing though.

Reply to
tinnews

He's not talking about a "free replacement" It was about a "free repair"

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Many don't offer free repair now - often a 10 quid (or similar) charge.

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman