Small mains-rated plug/sockets - suggestions ?

You could probably do with something like

I'm not sure whether they're made commercially or not.

Reply to
Roger Mills

> but I'm not sure whether they're made commercially or not.

I can't see *that* design ever coming to market, form over function, there just isn't a good enough way to route the L/N wires though the rotating joint (the video even shows it shorting them together while rotated flat when it's supposed to be able to be used flat too).

The USB charger version of this one is at least available, I've been waiting for the "shaver" version for ages though ...

is also the (not quite so) slimplug.com version with folding pins, but anything 13A probably wouldn't help in this case anyway.

Reply to
Andy Burns

You're probably right - nice idea if it *did* work, though.

Full size 13A wouldn't be any good - otherwise the OP would just have used standard plugs. However, the one I cited claimed to be able to use the plugs flat and stack them - so that several shared one socket, and only took up the space of one regular plug. But if it doesn't work . .

Reply to
Roger Mills

I often use ST18 connectors for semi-permanent mains connections :

Mike Harrison

If the application is commercial, the safest option would be 2A round pin plugs or klik plugs-n-sockets which go down to architrave box size.

Reply to
js.b1

Thanks - one to remember...... I think I'll go with inline IEC for the time being...

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall

Tis only myself that will be getting blown up by this - so I guess that makes it non-commercial.....

IEC seems to be the simplest colution - and I've got a box-full of 'donor' cables in the shed...

Thanks

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall

Apart from cost, I've a feeling the LNE connectors ain't approved for domestic use.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , Dave Plowman (News) scribeth thus

There're not, sez so in the Canford reference earlier...

Reply to
tony sayer