Plug sockets and lights.

I'm about to take on a market stall, there is an electricity meter and a handful of lights and sockets but I will need more.
I am more than capable of doing this myself, is this legal these days?
What are (if any) the penalties of just cracking on with it?
Cheers,
Rick
R D S wrote:

It is likely that Part P will not apply, as a market stall is not a dwelling.
However, Electricity at Work Regulations will apply, as will any limitations placed by your insurance company in respect of public liability.
Owain
Owain wrote:

(I'm assuming that this is a stall in a covered market or in an outdoor market place.)
Your landlord (or local authority) will probably have their own set of conditions as well, so I would check with them before you start work.
You should also check the maximum load that you can draw from the supply. Your electricity meter might be at the end of a 15A circuit - along with ten other stalls.
Sometimes fire regulations will limit the type of cable, fittings and equipment you can use. You might also be required to have any portable equipment PAT tested.
You will need to check all of this with your insurance company, as Owain says.
John
--
John White,
Electrical Contractor