Slightly off-topic: Do I need a gardener, builder ...... ?

Hi

I need my rear patio area re-laying. I was going to do it myself but I haven't got the time. I was hoping to get it done before now but still haven't got around to it. Was going to have a look on Yell.com but wasn't sure what service I needed. Do I need a builder, a landscape gardener or what?

Reply to
Slider

I'm sure either would do the job. A landscape gardener may be familiar with a wider choice of stone, though. But many employ what are effectively builder's labourers for this sort of work anyway.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So perhaps a possible answer to "what" is "whoever was used by someone in your area whose patio you like the look of and which has lasted one/several winters"?

Reply to
neverwas

Isn't a patio permanent?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

How long is "permanent"? Whoever laid a patio that has lasted for the entire life of the universe may not still be around to do the OP's one ;-)

Reply to
John Stumbles

Some pavements end up looking a bit tatty in no time at all really - see eg

neverwas

The block paving one I put down is permanent.. not since the rats decided to start tunneling through the sand. It was level, now its full of man traps. I will have to dig it up and cast a concrete base.

Reply to
dennis