shower thermostic valve problem

Hi I wonder if you could help me, I am replacing faulty thermostatic cartridge in a crosswater shower valve. The cartridge has chrome plated tubular section screw on to the front of it. I is stuck solid. What would be the best way of separating them without scratching the chrome plated tube? TIA peter

I could send the picture of the cartridge to ilustrate?

Reply to
p l

What about one of those rubber strap jam jar lid removers? Depending how strong the tube is, you might deform it though.

Could also try sprinkling some descaler onto it in case it's jammed with hard water scale. However, if you have an enameled steel bath underneath, beware that descalers will wreck the polished enamel surface. They might wreck the chrome plating too if it's really crap quality plating.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel