Shower room fan!!!

I think my new room needs a fan, I have got one, but don't know where to vent to.

I can't vent to the outside, don't want to vent into the roof space like it was due to damp and rotting???

Am I right to think this??

I do have a unused plastic water tank in the roof space, can I vent into this and assume any moisture will just evaporate??

Any ideas chaps, I can't know through to the outside at all.

Reply to
PhilÅ

No. Probably the only 'right' solution to this is to buy a dehumidifier, say 60-90 quid in focus. Now, arrange ducting so that this sucks the air through from where the fan is.

Or window-vent?

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Heh...now that sounds like a troll...

Why not? Can you describe the situation? If you can get into the roof space, why can't you fit a soffit vent?

Reply to
Grunff

"PhilÅ" wrote | I think my new room needs a fan, I have got one, but don't know | where to vent to. | I can't vent to the outside, don't want to vent into the roof | space like it was due to damp and rotting??? | Am I right to think this??

Correct

| I do have a unused plastic water tank in the roof space, can I | vent into this and assume any moisture will just evaporate??

And where will that moisture evaporate to? The roof space ....

| Any ideas chaps, I can't know through to the outside at all.

If you can get into the roof space then you carry on and take the ducting out through the tiled roof; you can get special roof terminals for extractor fan ducts. Ditto for flat (felted) roofs, or you may have a gable end wall you can use.

Using Internet Explorer (probably) visit

and let your mouse hover over Domestic Fans & Ducting - Accessories - Roof Terminals

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Reply to