shower

I have a combi boiler and my shower has gone from having a decent spray to just having a dribble. To get my shower to become hot enough to use i have to turn the cold on in the bathroom sink, otherwise its too hot. Do you think this could be cause the mixer for the shower is chalked up??

Reply to
davidj.biggs

I have a combi boiler. When it was first fitted the shower worked perfectly. Now all i get out of the the shower is a dribble and i have to have the cold water on in the bathroom sink to make the shower hotter. Could someone please assist me and let me know why this is. Could it be that the mixer of the shower is chalked up.

Reply to
dave

Gremlins maybe?

David

Reply to
Lobster

Do you get plenty of hot water out of the hotwater tap?

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece

"To get my shower to become hot enough to use i have to turn the cold on in the bathroom sink, otherwise its too hot"

This is to subtle for me!

Am I right in interpreting this as "We have a dribble of cold water and by turning on a cold tap it gets colder"?

Reply to
Fred

I have a combi boiler that runs a shower with mixer controls. When i moved in house 6 yrs ago, the shower was good. Now it has reduced to a dribble anf i have to turn the cold tap on in the bathroom sink to get the shower hot. Could someone please tell me why. (sorry if this question appears before but i am new to this and cant find my last questions)

Thanks

Reply to
dave

...or the replies, evidently.

Reply to
Lobster

Sounds as if the flow is reduced to the combi by turning on the cold which heats the water more. It looks like the combi rather than the mixer. The

2-ways valve may be only partially opening. It needs a good look at.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

In message , dave writes

Yes, is the short and most likely answer.

Reply to
Joe