Shortening a Frame Fixing ?

I've bought a couple of packets of 135mm long Fischer FUR universal frame fixings from the local Screwfix for attaching the wooden framework of my new workshop to the concrete block foundation. All's well there, but I've got a minor problem when attaching the door frame in that 135mm is too long and is in danger of going right through the concrete block - horizontally. I really need one 120mm for this, for which I really don't want to buy a packet.

Has anyone tried shortening one of these fixings and was it successful? I could just try but I'm concerned about it not working and having to dismantle rather a lot to sort it out.

Thanks Rob

Reply to
robgraham

All's

Put them in at an angle

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

You can buy small quantities of frame fixings in DIY sheds, or a single rawlbolt.

Reply to
Bruce

Rob,

Simply cut the plug and shorten the screw (by grinding the end off) to the required length.

Cash

Reply to
Cash