Sheath to cover overflow from pop up basin waste

Hi there I have a couple of basins which I'm installing with no overflows. The Bristian mixers I have include pop up basin wastes but they allow for an overflow on the basin. I'm trying to source a little "sheath" which will slide over the holes in the waste to make it like a solid waste. Wish I knew the name.

I'm having trouble sourcing this item but I know they exist. Anybody able to help?

TIA Sean

Reply to
smullan

Aren't those openings hidden inside the thickness of the sink? If not, you're going to have trouble fixing the waste to the sink anyway.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

The waste grating you have has slots in the sides, near the top, to allow water from the overflow to pass with the plug in the hole?

Depending on the depth you need for grating, to make a secure fixing to the basin, you may have buy a solid bath or kitchen sink waste grating. The holes and architecture for fixing the waste grating will also need to allow for the pop-up waste mechanism as well, I'm sure, so you might be stuck unless you remove the pop-up waste gear.

Reply to
BigWallop

Anybody

Yes thats the area that I'm looking for the sheath to fit over. It will have rubber seals at either end to keep it water tight. You slide it over the grated section and then tighten it up by screwing on the pop up waste. It tightens on the sheath (its hard plastic chrome). You would think that as I know so much about this part that I would know where to get it?

___Plug hole_____ \ / \ / basin ____\_____/_____ seal | | | | | | | | | |< Sheath which slides over grated area for overflow | | | | | | _|_|___|__|_ seal | | | | | |___ | | | |----------------- Pop up waste | ___| | |

unless you

Reply to
smullan

You can obtain traps, either bottle or "U" traps, that have a combined waste grating. But this still doesn't solve the problem of the pop up waste gear though.

Reply to
BigWallop