'shallow' basin sought for bathroom

Hi All [slightly OT]:
    We are looking at new bathroom 'furniture', for a rather small bathroom (<2m x 2m). We would like to fit a countertop or semi-recessed type basin, with some sort of vanity unit underneath.
However the current basin seems to be rather 'shallow' - about 400mm front to back. I'd never noticed this before, but there you go.
Most of the basins I can find seem much deeper than this, and would be unsuitable for our bathroom - they'd foul the door, or at least be awkward. And although 'cloakroom' style basins are available, they all seem rather too small for use as a normal bathroom basin.
So - can anyone suggest a make/model of shallow basin of countertop or semi-recessed type, which would end up with a front to back depth of 400mm (425max)? We have a reasonable width to play with BTW.
Thanks very much Jon N

Here's one I found earlier:-
http://tinyurl.com/2yvdl
The vanity unit to fit underneath is called Universo.
Watch out on the prices, though!
Neil
     snipped-for-privacy@nicorp.f.co.uk (Jon Nicoll) writes:

I recently fitted an Ideal Standard "Space" semi-countertop short projection basin, 37cm projection from wall. The basin goes right to the back of the 20cm deep countertop with the tap(s) offset to the side, so the basin is actually pretty much full size, and not at all like trying to wash your hands or face in a basin which is too small to get your hands in, as is the case with many of the short projection basins!
http://www.inspired-bathrooms.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_SPACE_SAVING_22.html
http://www.inspired-bathrooms.co.uk/acatalog/space-semi-countertop-detai.gif
I actually bought it from a tiny high street plumbers merchant, which was cheaper than anywhere else I could find it even on the web. They had to order it, but it only took a day.
Note that the distance between the waste and tap holes is further than some pop-up wastes can handle. The basin actually came with an extended pop-up waste rod, although the seal/swivel ball won't be the right size for all pop-up wastes. The pop-up waste I bought (Wickes, with a monoblock tap) did actually fit the sink OK, even though it was outside it's quoted distance.
Also note there is no provision on the basin for keeping soap (the horizontal-like surfaces actually all slope slightly into the sink, enough so wet soap won't stay put) hence my question about recessed tile soap trays in another thread;-)
Ideal Standard also do the vanity unit to go underneath, but I made mine from IKEA kitchen wall units, cut down to 20cm deep for a tiny fraction of the cost, and I'm very pleased with it. I didn't actually like the look of the Ideal Standard version.
--
Andrew Gabriel

Hi Andrew Thanks very much for your suggestion. I had been previously looking at the Ideal 'Space' range, but thought they only did a pedastal version.
[...]

Absolutely - this is why I didn't want a 'cloakroom' style basin
[ useful fitting details omitted - thanks]

Yeah, we actually never use the 'soap areas' anyway, so I don't care too much about losing them.

Hmm, interesting. Do I understand correctly that the vanity unit has to take a (large?) proportion of the weight of the basin, ie. the wall fixings are mostly to hold the unit in place? If so, I'd be interested to learn more about what you did here. How did you determine the shape to cut the unit to, for instance?
Thanks muchly Jon N

How about this one from Bathstore.com?
http://www.bathstore.com/product_master.asp?code 860
It's 420mm deep although the unit underneath is not as deep.
Cheers, Rob.

PS. I have an identical one arriving tomorrow for installation.
Cheers, Rob.