Seeking adapter: 1/2" compression fitting -> shower hose

Struggling a bit to find an adapter/fitting I need. I'm setting up a temporary shower fitting for somebody as a simple bodge... currently there's a fixed shower head at head height (a bit like this:

which I want to remove and replace with a standard hose and hand-held shower head.

The existing shower head comes off by unscrewing the plastic spray head, which reveals a female hex socket; that lets you hold the thing rigidly with a large Allen key while you unscrew the 1/2" BSP compression fitting on the pipework.

So what I want is an adapter with a standard 1/2" compression fitting on one end, and a flat 1/2" BSP (?) thread on the other, for the shower hose; presumably ideally with the internal hex socket or similar to hold it while I tighten the compression fitting. Doesn't have to be pretty! It's a just a temporary solution, rather than fitting a proper wallplate for the shower hose.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Reply to
Lobster

A standard 15mm compression to 1/2" male iron should do what you want. I've got one in my shower and managed to find a chrome one.

toolstation 46733 £1.78

Reply to
Bob Minchin

On 29 Feb 2016, Bob Minchin grunted:

Excellent! Thanks, Bob that's just what I was looking for. (And I tried toolstation.com!)

Reply to
Lobster