Sealing an old toilet waste pipe?

I've been asked to remove an old outside toilet, and make it into a shed. The easy bit is removing all the bits, and painting it. The hard bit is making sure the sewer outlet is sealed to stop unwelcome smells coming through. Are there any proper seals available for fitting onto the waste pipe/outlet that is in the concrete floor? Or is it a case of a bit of rubble in there, then a coating of concrete? (which I sure must be totally wrong, hence my query!). Thanks Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

unwelcome

concrete?

The 'classic' approach is a tight plug of newspapers, followed by 6" of quick setting cement well puddled to form a neat seal.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Mine shares its drain with the kitchen sink waste so unless you're sure it does nothing else it would be best to cap it rather than fill in.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Exactly what I have done in the past, BCO suggested it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman