Screwfix hand over money before getting goods

Hi, Screwfix still seem to be a bit confused.... Called to send a faulty extractor fan back they arranged a courier to come and collect it a few days later but that day the money appeared into my account before even the courier came to collect the parcel. Good service I say.

Reply to
John Borman

On the few occassions I've had problems with bits from Screwfix they have been very good offering a refund or replacement. Latest was a cheap angle grinder that failed after 10 months - they replaced it and didn't want the dead one back.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

They have a minimum value policy below which it is uneconomical to retrieve even unwanted goods. I bought a £10 pair of bolt croppers which proved so unwieldy that I asked to return them for a refund. Screwfix apologised for causing me a problem, refunded my £10 and told me they didn't want the croppers back as it would cost them more than their value to retrieve them and process their disposal (or something like that), They didn't even draw breath before offering the refund.

Richard

Reply to
Richard

I think they may use this policy discretionarily - I have had it applied to me on most occasions, but on others they've turned up to collect trivial items (even an item delivered broken).

I suspect it may depend on your volume of business (ie whether they trust you and believe you aren't taking the p*ss) or maybe just who happens to take the phonecall and whether they understand the company 'rules'!

David

Reply to
Lobster

I've had several things delivered in error and they've never wanted them back. The most 'valuable' being a security driver set (I ordered one, they sent two) at £6.99.

The most amusing was when I ordered some knee pads and they sent guttering end caps.

Reply to
Huge

On 12 Jan 2005 10:16:18 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ukmisc.org.uk (Huge) strung together this:

The most useful double quantity was 1000 extra brown rawlplugs to my mate. I had those FOC! ISTR the entire order was completely wrong, but it all turned up during the next few days, with more extras unbooked.

You could have easily adapted them. ;-)

Reply to
Lurch