Screwfix

The matter had already been forgotten about.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

I wonder if this could be turned into a test of search engines:

(What is a klutz by the way?)

Reply to
Michael Mcneil
[snip]

|| And as far as B&Q and Screwfix are concerned I have spent literally || thousands of pounds in their warehouses and online over a period of || time. Guess where I'll be taking my business in future? || || PoP || || --- || If you need to contact me please submit your comments || via the web form at

I'll || probably still ignore you but at least I'll get the || message..... :)

So Thousands of Pounds over a period of time and one cockup later, your taking your Business elsewere, because of one stupid mistake that occured in stores of screwfix. This can happen where ever you order from, what you gonna do when you order elsewhere and the same thing occurs. I think you cut off your nose to spite your face, and probably will still place orders with screwfix.

What you have to rember is your order does not just go to one department, it can probably go through three or four and names and addresses get mixed up along the way. A typical firm for cockups like this a Catalogue ordering firm.

-- Grouch

Reply to
Grouch

A Yiddish word (specifically Amercian Yiddish):

Klutz (rhymes with guts) n :

A clumsy, awkward person. A person who trips over things, bumps into walls and has "two left feet." A klutz is a person who frequently trips on his own shoelaces, falls over furniture and manages to drip mustard on his/her lap with such regularity that it confounds the laws of probability. Klutz's, however, are not unloved because they are usually the victims of their own misdeeds.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

You are right. It can happen elsewhere. However it is the manner they have dealt with the c*ck up here that is alarming. If they had dealt with it properly, then your point is valid - or is it you believe all other companies have no customer services?

Reply to
guv

In message , PoP writes

As someone else said, I don't think there is any connection between the two events

Chris French, Leeds

Reply to
chris French

Be careful - you may well have just turned your "facts" into libel even if they are largely true.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Actually, 24 hours on I've calmed down again.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

My point exactly. All it would have taken was a very simple "sorry" and it would have been enough.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Some companies never learn. Don't get me started on ebuyer.co.uk! ;-)

Reply to
guv

Talked to m'learned friends who said unless they'd said it in the hearing of a friend of mine or to enough bystanders then it wasn't actionable.

Reply to
John Stumbles

- or maybe someone at sf reads this group? (In which case nil points to them for not responding to the initial pissed-off-customer situation.)

Reply to
John Stumbles