Samsung fridge freezer water filter query.

Hi,

We recently purchased a Samsung RS21**** (side by side) fridge freezer.

Our particular model has a water/ice dispenser. The appliance is hooked up to (rising main) water supply via a 6mm nylon hose.

Also supplied is an in-line "Magic Water Filter" which is a 20cm x 5cm (ish) cylindrical doobrey that goes in-line with the supply hose. At the minute I have not installed the filter because - to be honest - it just seems a little crappy and plasticky to rely on. I don't want a flood. [filter removes particulate - and also I assume "bad tastes" with some kind of charcoal element]

I'm going to be calling Samsung tecchie department later for advice. In the mean time has anyone out there had any negative experiences of these filters?

BTW very impressed with the fridge so far. Ordered it from

which (to my amazement) had about the best deal we could find in the UK.

Vortex