Safety Glasses/Goggles for old eyes (+1.25/+1.50)

Hi,

Can anybody recommend a supplier of "reading" safety glasses?

My "regular" specs constantly steam up with any supposedly glasses friendly goggles I own.

I'm looking for a better solution.

David

Reply to
Vortex2

Bovvered?

When you go for an eye test have you told the optician about it?

Reply to
George

I use varifocals normally (cost a 'kin fortune), but cheap Chinese glasses for garage, painting and decorating It's stuff like angle grinding, strimming and hedge cutting where additional safety is desirable.

Not happy to pay high street optician prices for probably 1 hour per week of usage on average.

I'd be perfectly happy to obtain some cheap Chinese safety glasses @

+1.25/1.50. About 15 quid in the Colonies for what I have in mind:
Vortex2

I also use reading specs and don't find a problem with the standard sort of building site safety specs. All enclosing goggles, yes.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Would a safety visor like this (see below) work? Surely going to steam up less than any goggles.

Reply to
Rod

I have never proved to myself that this works, But when I live in one area, there was an annual fair held at Easter. On the way down to the fair, there was always a man selling small tin of something that was supposed to stop glasses steaming up. He demonstrated it by holding the glasses over boiling water.

I was told later that the substance was some sort of soap.

Try wiping a dry cloth over a dry bar of soap and wiping it over your glasses and see if that works.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Buy a plastic nose out of the joke shop and glue it to the protection goggles slightly lower than your nose so that it protrudes just a bit away from the goggles...either that or take the pin-ups down off the garage wall. ;-)

Reply to
George

Spit works just as well

Reply to