Router?

Do they make a router that has a quick release system.?

Reply to
Millan

Quick release of what?

The cutter? If so, I don't think so. All that I've seen use some form of collet.

If you mean the plunge, most have a locking lever to handle that.

Reply to
Andy Hall

So you can change router bits faster

Thanks Andy

Reply to
Millan

Never seen one.

Choosing one that allows the collet to be plunged right through the base can make cutter changing easier - especially when mounted in a table.

Reply to
John Rumm

I've been investigating a number of routers. I've been reading good things about the triton MOF001and the TRB001 Both get good reviews on

Arthur2

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 00:00:45 +0100, "Arthur2" mused:

Arthur Triton per chance, founder of Triton tools?

Reply to
Lurch

I don't think that website has anything to do with Triton but with a bunch of shysters called

who operate out of a PO box in Essex. They also have a website called
which appears to have no official connection to Tacwise.

The most obvious giveaway is the picture of Madeleine McCann (the only British child to disappear in the last hundred years, one might think from the press coverage) slap bang in the middle of the home page, a cheap attempt to evoke an emotional response and override your critical faculties.

Triton's real website is

and dewey-eyed pictures of Shambo the Plague-Carrying Bull (or any other cretinous cause du jour) are noticeable by their absence.

Or am I just being cynical?

Reply to
Mick6

If you tell any of my grasping relatives, you'll pay dear, sir. By god you will.!

Arthur.

Reply to
Arthur2

If you mean for the cutter I doubt it's possible. A keyless chuck does a similar job but would be too big and not accurate enough. Collet chucks are as old as the hills for accurate secure location of cutters.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes.

From their website:

In spite of their disorganised trading identity, they are the official UK dealers for Triton products and spares.

I've bought a number of obscure Triton spares from them, and had good service.

Reply to
Ian White