Roof and Gutter sealant

Yesterday was the first time I have used it.

Why has no one on this group mentioned what a sticky disgusting thing Roof and Gutter sealant is? Maybe I missed the warning.

I replaced my guttering last week in the rain and yesterday was the first day that was dry enough for me to silicone the bit between my guttering and next doors. No one ever told me not to get it on my fingers. Gloopy bitumen type stuff is certainly gross stuff in my opinion.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

It may be disgusting, but it is very effective. Because it never sets, it can tolerate significant movement between the components while still maintaining a seal.

Reply to
Grunff

It set on my fingers and t shirt.

I just squirted as much as I could between the two "different style" gutters and put a nut and bolt between them.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

WARNING! Roof & Gutter sealant is a sticky & disgusting thing!

Sorry its a bit late :-) I agree its horrible stuff, but it works.

Why are you sealing your gutters - is it a bit wet in Donny :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I changed the gutter last week in the rain. I just needed a nice sunny day like yesterday to finish the joint between my gutter and the neighbours.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Next time spit (on finger your going to use) and lub your fingers then it won't stick to them

Reply to
mark333

That works for silicone not gutter sealant. That was my mistake.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I just chucked out a tube of gutter sealant I'd had sitting around for ages which said to only apply to dry surfaces. Added it to my collection of chocolate teapots :-) Used black stixall when I needed to patch a bit of plastic onto (wet) CI gutter recently.

Reply to
John Stumbles