RF smoke detectors

Any experience on (eg) the Screwfix ones? Time I upgraded from independent ionisation cheapies, but it's a difficult old house so linking wires would be a pain. Actually two cottages, do you think they would "communicate" through two feet of stone?

be a

two
Ask the Screwfix helpline. They have been helpful to me in the past.