Sharpening Leatherman knife

I have a Crunch (very handy though not cheap) and the silly scalloped knife is getting blunt. One of the suppliers has a diamond "cone" which is claimed to be suitable. Are they any good, any other suggestions, or should I just grind it back to an ordinary knife blade?

Reply to
OldScrawn

B&Q have a tapered diamond hone (not just a cone, its hollowed one side) that will do the job, but the best system I've seen is from Spyderco. I have a Spyderench and the serrated section of the blade is very useful, as is my Gerber's, so I wouldn't suggest grinding it away, if you want a plain section only knife buy one. The Spyderench comes with a diamond hone as part of its kit, so keeping it sharp isn't difficult. Niel.

Reply to
NJF

Strop, or polishing/buffing wheel.

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

there are quite a few market sharpeners that claim to work on serated blades. You'll find a few here under accessories

what I find works best for me are the ceramic rods from spyderco available from Poolewood, search for ceramic sharpening stones, product code

400F
Simon