Revenge (I hope)

Hi all, just had to share. Couple of times in the last few months my van has been broken into on the drive. 1st time the buggers got away with my power tools. Since then I've emptied it every night (ball ache). Over the weekend they broke in again - despite the alarm going off. Only thing they took was a bottle of Lucozade. I do hope they enjoyed it - being on the road quite a bit and there not being too many public toilets these days I do the same as many van drivers and re-use the empties. He-he! Oh and it's not OT as I definitely did-it-myself. Richard.

LOL.. heyyyyyyyyyyyy poetic justice.. I hope:)
Ophelia

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 18:21:37 +0100, "Frisket"

I can see you getting another visit real soon if they decide to have some lucozade :)
Andrew

LOLOL
Ophelia

I got similar revenge when someone broke into our garden shed and stole a large box of dud lightbulbs. I won't go into why we had kept a box a non-working lightbulbs in the first place (long story), but I would love to have been a fly on the wall when the thief got home and tested them all, one by one :-)
Nick

They weren't real thieves then, just taking the p*ss. ;-)
Excellent thread :-)
At least you didn't do what that scottish guy did off the telly last night - rig up a sawn off shotgun booby trap...
Nick.

Well that makes a change then!...
A small step in the right direction giving some rights back to law abiding people..
--
Tony Sayer

tony sayer wrote:

I bet it wouldn't stop one of those Personal Injury firms that are always advertising on TV having a go for damages though :-(
IANAL, but AIUI the Police are only concerned with *criminal* law; civil liability is another thing. Cases like OJ Simpson in the US can, and have, happened here as well.
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:13:32 +0000, parish <parish_AT_ntlworld.com> wrote:

Just to return to the thread a mo' - a lucozade bottle has a mighty small top :-)

And think of the danger of (say) a woman in a short skirt walking past while it's in use...
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 12:44:08 +0100, Andrew McKay

Would it be possible to rig a retired power tool so that when it was switched on would cause a minor/major shock... :-)

Thought about it - I've got an old 1000v Megger but decided with my luck the light fingered toe rags would probably have a heart attack (or bump their head on the door-frame) and I'd finish up in court paying them compo. Richard.
wrote: : : >Would it be possible to rig a retired power tool so that when it was : >switched on would cause a minor/major shock... :-) : : You must have seen the news stories in recent days about the convicted : drug dealer cum Tony Martin mobile shotgun target? Said convict is : considering screwing Tony Martin for 15K as a result of his sex life : being impaired after Martin shot him. And this would be using legal : aid. : : Pity Martin didn't complete the job. : : Andrew :
Let's hope his sex life's impaired enough to stop the scrote from procreating!
Brad.
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 02:00:30 +0100, "comfortable"

I was thinking that if he is physically impaired to the extent that he couldn't perform then he should never have been sent to prison in the first place - a free lifetime subscription to Playboy magazine would have been a very fitting sentence!
Andrew
On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 17:47:49 +0100, Andrew McKay

job. But if I left a dangerous power tool in my shed I would love for someone to illegally remove it from my premises and then when he came to use it got badly hurt I wonder if he would try and claim compensation from me now that would be really really funny. ==:-)

Sounds great at first:
Trouble is I have a feeling they'd be more likely to sell it than use it; and possibly ask enough to make it look legit as a secondhand purchase to some poor devil who knows no better.
The consequences of that could be just awful in so many ways.
What price THAT justice?
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}
On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 08:12:00 GMT, Richard Caley <MY_FIRST_NAME @ MY_LAST_NAME.org.uk> wrote:

You think it's a good idea to eradicate those who buy second hand goods? Takes all sorts I guess! ;o)
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}
d> You think it's a good idea to eradicate those who buy second hand d> goods? Only after I have sold all my junk to them:-).
However, I really meant more that someone who would buy a piece of dangerous equipment and use it without having it checked out by someone with a clue is on the point of eliminating themselves from the gene pool, to the benefit of the human race in the future.
These are the people driving around in cut-and-shut cars with faulty brakes. Think about that next time you are on the motorway, but not if you tend to freeze in the face of terror:-).
--
Mail me as snipped-for-privacy@MYLASTNAME.org.uk _O_
|<
Andrew McKay wrote: