Revenge (I hope)

Hi all, just had to share. Couple of times in the last few months my van has been broken into on the drive. 1st time the buggers got away with my power tools. Since then I've emptied it every night (ball ache). Over the weekend they broke in again - despite the alarm going off. Only thing they took was a bottle of Lucozade. I do hope they enjoyed it - being on the road quite a bit and there not being too many public toilets these days I do the same as many van drivers and re-use the empties. He-he! Oh and it's not OT as I definitely did-it-myself. Richard.

Reply to
Frisket

LOL.. heyyyyyyyyyyyy poetic justice.. I hope:)

Ophelia

Reply to
Ophelia

I can see you getting another visit real soon if they decide to have some lucozade :)

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our web site at

Andrew McKay

LOLOL

Ophelia

Reply to
Ophelia

I got similar revenge when someone broke into our garden shed and stole a large box of dud lightbulbs. I won't go into why we had kept a box a non-working lightbulbs in the first place (long story), but I would love to have been a fly on the wall when the thief got home and tested them all, one by one :-)

Nick

Reply to
Nick Read

"Frisket" wrote in news:NYcVa.193$ snipped-for-privacy@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk:

They weren't real thieves then, just taking the p*ss. ;-)

Reply to
JonBoy

Excellent thread :-)

At least you didn't do what that scottish guy did off the telly last night - rig up a sawn off shotgun booby trap...

Nick.

Reply to
NickW

Well that makes a change then!...

A small step in the right direction giving some rights back to law abiding people..

Reply to
tony sayer

I bet it wouldn't stop one of those Personal Injury firms that are always advertising on TV having a go for damages though :-(

IANAL, but AIUI the Police are only concerned with *criminal* law; civil liability is another thing. Cases like OJ Simpson in the US can, and have, happened here as well.

Reply to
parish

Just to return to the thread a mo' - a lucozade bottle has a mighty small top :-)

Reply to
Dave

And think of the danger of (say) a woman in a short skirt walking past while it's in use...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Would it be possible to rig a retired power tool so that when it was switched on would cause a minor/major shock... :-)

Reply to
Chris

Thought about it - I've got an old 1000v Megger but decided with my luck the light fingered toe rags would probably have a heart attack (or bump their head on the door-frame) and I'd finish up in court paying them compo. Richard.

Reply to
Frisket

Let's hope his sex life's impaired enough to stop the scrote from procreating!

Brad.

Reply to
comfortable

I was thinking that if he is physically impaired to the extent that he couldn't perform then he should never have been sent to prison in the first place - a free lifetime subscription to Playboy magazine would have been a very fitting sentence!

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our web site at

Andrew McKay

Yes I watched the program and agree that Martin only did half of the job. But if I left a dangerous power tool in my shed I would love for someone to illegally remove it from my premises and then when he came to use it got badly hurt I wonder if he would try and claim compensation from me now that would be really really funny. ==:-)

Reply to
Chris

Trouble is I have a feeling they'd be more likely to sell it than use it; and possibly ask enough to make it look legit as a secondhand purchase to some poor devil who knows no better.

The consequences of that could be just awful in so many ways.

What price THAT justice?

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

Each to his own!

Reply to
Terry

You think it's a good idea to eradicate those who buy second hand goods? Takes all sorts I guess! ;o)

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

d> You think it's a good idea to eradicate those who buy second hand d> goods?

Only after I have sold all my junk to them:-).

However, I really meant more that someone who would buy a piece of dangerous equipment and use it without having it checked out by someone with a clue is on the point of eliminating themselves from the gene pool, to the benefit of the human race in the future.

These are the people driving around in cut-and-shut cars with faulty brakes. Think about that next time you are on the motorway, but not if you tend to freeze in the face of terror:-).

Reply to
Richard Caley