reusing Self-Cutting Tap

Having just replaced two self-cutting taps with proper compression jointed copper et al I wonder whether they are worth keeping for possible future use. How blunt do the cutting blades get after one single cut?

Reply to
NoSpamThanks

I`d ask yourself why you had to replace them in the first place. I won`t be using another self-cutting tap personally if I can possibly help it.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

I have reused them, the problem is the washer, rather than the cutter.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

In message , mrcheerful writes

Reply to
me

In message , Colin Wilson writes

I replaced them because they were only a temporary immediate fix in the first place and another part of the circuit needed changing anyway.

Both fittings very new, so the washers (as mrcheerful mentioned) are basically unused.

Reply to
me