Response 120 Boiler - pluming

I have an Ideal Response 120 'High Flow' boiler. We've noticed that the boiler 'plumes' (i.e. produces water vapour), almost continously whilst it's in operation. We know that this is the norm on condensing boilers, however I'm pretty certain the Response 120 is not a condenser. Does anyone have any thoughts - is it worth getting British Gas back in to check it? Cheers.

Reply to
SteveC

These boilers must be run at full boiler temperature.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Really this boiler is a condensing unit in all name but without a condensate drain! It has a forced premixing burner (see the boiler choice FAQ) which means the flue gases are wetter as they are not diluted by additonal air flow. The flue gas tends to condense easily in the heat exchanger which is not designed to handle condensate.

As the Dr.Drivel says you should run this boiler as hot as possible. I would further add the TRVs are unhelpful, because they can cause the return water temperature to fall. So at least a few radiators should have them set as high as possible. This may be awkward.

If the boiler is in good order try to keep it that way if it's having leakage then you'll need to start saving for its replacement.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

My neighbours 120 started pluming and about 2 months later started losing pressure. Next thing water puddle under boiler and a hole in heat exchanger.

Start saving!

Reply to
cynic

Or turn the boiler stat to maximum.