Ideal Response 120 combi - flashing LED and no heating

On an Ideal Response 120 combi, does anyone know what a flashing
"Central Heating" LED (behind the cosmetic cover) means? The symptoms
are the boiler won't light if the CH is on though the pump pumps the CH
water OK and the DHW works.
MTIA
Reply to
bof
THE stock fault for this boiler is a leaking heat exchanger. The usual presenting symptoms are that the boiler won't light because the ignition is wet.
Reply to
Ed Sirett
In message , Ed Sirett writes
Thanks for the reply. The boiler lights OK when it's DHW, and the CH doesn't get hot even when the DHW is running. I'm sure the pump's OK as when I switch off the DHW there's a couple of seconds surge of hot in the CH.
Reply to
bof
Firstly I'm sorry if I put you on the wrong trail here. You may well have a model that has not yet eaten its heat exchanger (yet).
I don't have a manual for this model - what does it say?
Reply to
Ed Sirett
Check the pressure vessel charge. This goes flat quickly on these models. Check the system pressure. It has a low pressure switch, so if pressure low problems. I'm not sure if it also has a CH flow switch, if so check this.
Reply to
Doctor Drivel
In message , Doctor Drivel writes
If the pressure's stable and, from prior experience, if the pressure does drop it won't light the DHW either.
Thanks, the CH light flashes continuously, irrespective of whether the CH/DHW/stat switch etc. are on or off, which seems to imply that there's an internal fault of some kind before attempting to run the CH.
Reply to
bof
In message , Ed Sirett writes
First thanks for all the suggestions. The cutout switch I know of is on the bottom right, but if that pops out it shuts off the DHW and the CH. This fault is something specific to the CH.
Reply to
bof

Site Timeline Threads