Reporting a line fault to BT

Trouble is the line test will only pick up gross faults like either wire short to earth or open circuit. It can't reliably tell if a short between the wires is really a fault or just how that line is at the time of the test. Intermittent faults or noise just pass it by.

You don't need to spend money on a phone, borrow one from a neighbour...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Cost of NFF from BT - £128 Cost of cheap phone to test £5.

I know which I'd do.

Reply to
Paul Matthews

Testing my phone line. £0, cost of phone £15.

Saving to me £15.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Or in my case, nil. A BT engineer left his test handset(*) behind, many years ago, and very useful it is, too.

(* I was going to call it by its proper name, but knowing you lot...)

Reply to
Huge

A linesman's test telephone.

It's our American cousins call them things to do with botties.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Do it mainstream UK office hours, 9-5, 5 days a week, not bank holidays.

That way you get a UK (Scottish?) call centre with a clue, not their abysmal Indian outfit.

Reply to
Andy Dingley