Replacing Cooker Hood

I'm replacing our cooker hood. The original unit was connected via a fused plug & mains socket. Is it OK to continue with this setup or do I have to replace this with an FCU?

TIA

Reply to
elziko

elziko coughed up some electrons that declared:

Socket is fine. The thing to watch is that the socket (and plugtop) won't be exposed to undue heat, steam and grease - but those are largely true of an FCU too.

I assume that the socket is over the top of the hood?

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Yeah the socket is right above the top of teh hood and since I will be ducting it there should be no steam and grease there. Can't see it getting too hot either but will make sure. Thanks for the reply.

Reply to
elziko

elziko coughed up some electrons that declared:

Should be fine. The hood I just pulled out of the bungalow I'm fixing had a socket over the top and apart from a light coating of grease on the surface, seemed sound.

Regarding appliances (fixed or otherwise) and sockets - in other respects it's little different to a washing machine or sink waste muncher - both can be hard wired, but are commonly plugged in.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S