Replacing broken double glazing

I have a double glazed side window (opener) that has a crack running down the outside glass, so I need to replace the unit. Is this easy to do?
I've always replaced any ordinary broken windows in the past, but I've never tried double glazing.
I was told that the simplest way was to remove the glazed unit to get the measurements, then take go to somewhere that does this sort of thing (glaziers?) to get a new unit made up.
I assume that I have to remove the wedge seals (I forget the correct term) from around the unit. I also assume that they are removed from the inside (indoors side) and not the outside. How would I tell?
As a separate issue, does anybody have any idea of the cost of the replacement unit? The glass measures approx. 74 x 45mm and a bit more will need to be added on for the edges of the unit. It is a standard unit with standard clear glass.
Thanks
Roger
"As a separate issue, does anybody have any idea of the cost of the replacement unit? The glass measures approx. 74 x 45mm and a bit more will need to be added on for the edges of the unit. It is a standard unit with standard clear glass." [..]
I paid 10 for a double glazed unit 750 x 280mm, clear outer pain and patterned inner pain from a local glazier. I just took out the old pain from the inside (popped off the 4 inner seals using a wide chisel), measured it and went up to the glaziers, took 10 minutes to knock up a replacement.
btw, 74 x 45mm seems very small for a pain of double glazed glass
Les

10! You were under charged! But who's complaining, bet you're not! :-)
Tony

Oops, should be 74 x 24 Centimetres!
Roger