Replacing a shower

I have an existing shower cubicle fitted with an Aqualisa shower (Aquarian, 96 vintage), that now constantly drips out of the temperature control valve. Probably due to limescale damage. I note from the Aqualisa web site, that this is a circa £65+vat part.

Two questions:- If I get the replacement part, is it easy to fit? Do i need special tools (beyond what a beginner D-I-Y'er would have) If I choose to replace the entire unit, are the inlet pipe separations "standard" (ie. Do I need to move the pipes and consequently re-tile the area?), or are there specific make/model's of mixer showers that are "compatible" with the aquarian's ?

Reply to
Ian Cornish

Yes. I just replaced the cartridge on one of my showers (different mocel to yours, but easy and very clear step by step instructions).

No.

That I don't know. You could call Aqualisa's technical department (number on their website) and ask. Possibly their newer model would fit. That has spacings of 150mm.

On that subject, it looks as though there are two product versions, 96 and 99, and I guess you have the earlier one. The cartridges are different.

Either way, I'd give them a call and ask. Do shop around for prices on cartridges though. If you've found the correct part for £65, you're doing pretty well as long as it's the thermostatic and not manual version of the cartridge. If you have the manual one, then you can probably do better.

e.g.

Andy Hall

- looks to be straightforward.

Showerdoctor are also usually very helpful with any queries you might have.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Thanks for this information.. It seems I have the Thermostatic one... and H-i-e seem to be the cheapest, and happen to be just down the road from me...

Just want to check this would solve my problem... when I use the shower, after turning off, i get a persistent leak out of the flow control side of the cartridge. If i tighten the "nut" thingy on that side (with mole grips), it stops the leak, though one day I will tighten it too far...

would that be solved by a new cartridge ?

Reply to
Ian Cornish