Shower Cubicle

Could someone tell me what sort of a craftsman would fit a Shower Cubicle?? I've been told a carpenter, but a couple I've rang say they don't do it.

Thanks

Reply to
JonG

Where do you live, I'll do it!!

HTH

John

Reply to
John

Cork, Ireland!

Reply to
JonG

Ah... the labour charge would be reasonable but travel time and expenses would kill the job!! I was in Cork in September on holiday I could have done it then. Look for a bathroom fitter, plumber, tiler, general handyman rather than a carpenter.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

Thanks John.

Reply to
JonG

John out of curiosity where are you based as I'm hopeful of getting one put in shortly?

I'm in Glasgow.

Steven.

Reply to
Steven

Any advice on fitting shower trays please. I am about to re-fit our en-suite. Are they just on legs?

Reply to
diy-newby

I'm in Leeds - West Yorkshire

John

Reply to
John

Some are on legs others are 'flat bottomed' to be laid on a sand & cement bed. Google this group and you will find lots of advice and opinions.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

Ok thanks anyway.

Reply to
Steven

My advice is, if you aren't too confident in the work, buy a tray with adjustable legs and tiling upstands. The legs make fitting the waste and getting levels right a doddle, and the upstands give peace of mind, after tiling, in the integrity of the seal around the edge. The disadvantage is you lose some height, but in most cases this shouldn't be a problem.

Andy

Reply to
Andy McKenzie

That's handy - so a I (Morley)

Reply to
diy-newby

The last one I had was flat-bottomed and required a hold to be cut in the floor to accomodate the trap and waste pipe.

Mark.

Reply to
mark.hannah

Or you could have built a platform at the relevant height (usually 3 to 4 inches) so you can get to and inspect the trap etc periodically!

HTH

John

Reply to
John