Shower Cubicle

Could someone tell me what sort of a craftsman would fit a Shower
Cubicle?? I've been told a carpenter, but a couple I've rang say they
don't do it.
Thanks
Reply to
JonG
Ah... the labour charge would be reasonable but travel time and expenses would kill the job!! I was in Cork in September on holiday I could have done it then. Look for a bathroom fitter, plumber, tiler, general handyman rather than a carpenter.
HTH
John
Reply to
John
John out of curiosity where are you based as I'm hopeful of getting one put in shortly?
I'm in Glasgow.
Steven.
Reply to
Steven
Any advice on fitting shower trays please. I am about to re-fit our en-suite. Are they just on legs?
Reply to
diy-newby
Some are on legs others are 'flat bottomed' to be laid on a sand & cement bed. Google this group and you will find lots of advice and opinions.
HTH
John
Reply to
John
My advice is, if you aren't too confident in the work, buy a tray with adjustable legs and tiling upstands. The legs make fitting the waste and getting levels right a doddle, and the upstands give peace of mind, after tiling, in the integrity of the seal around the edge. The disadvantage is you lose some height, but in most cases this shouldn't be a problem.
Andy
Reply to
Andy McKenzie
The last one I had was flat-bottomed and required a hold to be cut in the floor to accomodate the trap and waste pipe.
Mark.
Reply to
mark.hannah
Or you could have built a platform at the relevant height (usually 3 to 4 inches) so you can get to and inspect the trap etc periodically!
HTH
John
Reply to
John