Replacing a power shower

We're refitting the bathroom and the old Superjet power shower is to be replaced (it's noisy and has started to leak!).

I was hoping to get another low voltage model as a feel happier about installing it in the bathroom and it will mean that we don't need to hide a big chunk of mains cable.

Both water supplies and power come through the ceiling (the hot water is at floor level and drawn over the ceiling).

The Gainsborough Diplomat thermostatic seemed to match the requirements and then I discovered that my local stockists would have to put it on a two-week order.

So... I'm considering other options. There seem to be a lot of Showerforce and Essentials knocking around B&Q and a mate is trying to convince me to get a Aqualisa Quartz (but I don't want to start mucking about with the water supply in the loft!). I've heard of venturi non-powered showers, which sound too good to be true...

Any thoughts on good makes and models for self-installation? If there's a FAQ that I've not managed to find, please point me in the direction.

Thanks,

Reply to
Andy Hardy

In message , Andy Hardy writes

I assume you mean an 'all in one' type of power shower here?

I recently fitted an Aqualisa Aquastream 3, thermostatic valve, LV pump. I fitted this mostly because it was a pretty straight retro fit for the old open that was in the house that died. But full new installation would be fine. Instructions were very clear, will take top , bottom or rear entry pipe work.

Got mine from

As that was the cheapest place that had them in stock that I found.

GBP 314 inc delivery for white/chrome finish

Reply to
chris French

In message , chris French writes

That's the one.