Repairing broken bricks with resin?

Hi
Is using resin to repair broken bricks (in a house wall) effective? Someone is proposing to do that here, and I'd not come across that one before, thought I'd best ask!
Thanks, NT
N. Thornton wrote in message ...

I would think but an expensive solution and the bricks would look like they have a sheet of glass over them. Mixing brick dust with the resin would get the colour but matching the texture would be much harder.
snipped-for-privacy@meeow.co.uk (N. Thornton) wrote in message

Yes, I've seen it used several times to repair walls that have become cracked due to ground movement (once the foundation has been stabilised). Usually resin is used for narrow cracks while larger cracks are repaired by replacing the whole brick/block. You need to use the right type of resin for the right crack width though. Products made by Sika are usually specified, I think.
Regards
Andy W
Most of the squint bricks used for non-90 degree corners (eg bays and conservatory walls etc) are cut and glued together.
Resin is a more effective repair as it can bond the bricks better than you would be able to do with a mortar mix. It is a bit more flexible too.
Resin is commonly used in many structural applications and is well proven.
dg
snipped-for-privacy@meeow.co.uk (N. Thornton) wrote in message

Thanks to people for all your replies. I'll take the resin.
Regards, NT