Repair roofing felt from inside loft

What is the best way to repair some tears in roof felt (inside loft space)? Is there some product something like a rubber patch for bike inner-tune repairs I can just stick on - or maybe some gunge I can use to stick on another piece of felt over the tear? Thanks

Reply to
Dave

We are talking about the under tile felt or "sarking" here are we?

If so I would have thought that ordinary felt adhesive would do the job with a piece of underfelt as a patch. You could also probably use "torch on" felt if you are feeling brave enough to wield a blow torch in the loft (make sure you have a fire extinguisher handy though!).

Reply to
John Rumm

Reply to
Quigs

You need a bitumen based roffing felt adhesive as used to stick down roofing felt.

To improve adhesi> > What is the best way to repair some tears in roof felt (inside loft space)? Is

Reply to
Gel

I take it you mean the sarking? Shouldn't worry about it too much unless water is getting in but that would indicate a more serious problem with the primary roof covering...

You don't really want to just "stick a patch on" water will collect behind it. / Sarking> /g/ // < patch // --/ // patch > // < sarking L// //

With good overlaps you don't need any glue just clout nails through the felt into the rafters each side. This works, BTDTGTTS, using old feed bags as patches during a F8 Gale when the slates where off the barn roof and the old sarking was getting torn to shreds.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice