Roofing Felt

Hi All,

The roofing felt on my 60's built house is falling apart. Roof is conventional concrete tile. I am told that the tiles have to come off to replace the felt. Cost is in the thousands, mostly for scaffold and labour.

Is this really the only way??

Cheers. Bill.

Reply to
Bill

Is that causing you any problems?

Yes, which is why it's not worth bothering with until there's something else wrong with the roof which needs fixing.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Andrew,

Fair point, its not causing any problems except that roof space is used for some storage and dust, dirt etc, but no water!!! :-) gets in.

Regards. Bill.

Reply to
Bill

I had mine done about 4 years ago. My house is bungalow type so gutters are about 8 feet up. The slater managed it without full scaffolding, he removed half of the tiles on each side of the roof at a time and after refelting that he transfered the tiles from the other half onto it, in doing so he also cleaned the tiles. To do both sides of the roof, maybe 12 metres long by about 9 metres up the slopes, cost £2000. If the sarking or other roofing material is not showing any signs of damp I would leave it until that is happeneing, however it can be difficult to spot dampness lower down in the roof space.

Reply to
Stewart

Reply to
barry makepeace