Repair Flags

Hi, I have some large flags outside my house - old yorkshire ones I guess. A triangular piece about 6inch by 6 inch has been broken off one edge about an inch deep - not all the way through the flag. I don't want someone to fall but I'm too tight to replace the whole thing.

I have now tried to "fill" this with cement, cement and sand, patch repair - and so on. It just drops out after a few days.

anybody got any ideas.

richard.lister

Epoxy mortar will do the job, have a look at

't know where you can buy small quantities though.

Dave

Reply to
david lang

How about cutting off the remainder of the "triangle", trim a little for a mortar gap and then setting that on a full (grit/sharp sand:cement

5:1) mortar bed to raise it to the correct height and then point in after the bedding has gone off.

HTH,

Alex.

Reply to
AlexW

Thanks A but the flag is nicely bedded and level - it's just got a big "chip" off the corner. I need something stronger or to be told how to mix my cement/patch filla bettter. (I'm a bit of a layman here - sorry) regards, R

Reply to
richard.lister