Removing excess grout from tiles

Okay a wee while back now i never got round to cleaning the grout off my tiles, ive tried using a plastic scouring pad, takes alot of elbow grease but im getting there. I remember someone telling me you can buy a solvent or something to remove this grout on the surface of tiles, anyone know what it is?

TIA

Reply to
Kaptain Kremin

Got any tips for removing (very well attached) tiles without taking off most of the plaster?

Ta.

Reply to
SadKate***

Reply to
Mindwipe

Ha ha :o) that did make me cringe a bit also, i do have quite rough finished tiles but i cant see that really working, hatnks mister "only meEEEEEe!" . Think ill go for the chemical someone mentioned, thanks all the same.

Reply to
Kaptain Kremin

Limescale remove and a pan scourer,

You can use patio cleaner/brick acid but its pretty fierce...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher