Removing excess grout from tiles

Okay a wee while back now i never got round to cleaning the grout off my tiles, ive tried using a plastic scouring pad, takes alot of elbow grease but im getting there. I remember someone telling me you can buy a solvent or something to remove this grout on the surface of tiles, anyone know what it is?
TIA
On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 17:59:23 GMT, "BigWallop"

Got any tips for removing (very well attached) tiles without taking off most of the plaster?
Ta.
i use a scaper the kind with changeable blades( for cleaning glass)

Ha ha :o) that did make me cringe a bit also, i do have quite rough finished tiles but i cant see that really working, hatnks mister "only meEEEEEe!" . Think ill go for the chemical someone mentioned, thanks all the same.
wrote:

wonder
Kaptain Kremin wrote:

Limescale remove and a pan scourer,
You can use patio cleaner/brick acid but its pretty fierce...