Rear view mirror

Bloody rear view mirror fell off on car yesterday. What's the best way to get it fixed back in place?

I fixed one some years ago with superglue, but this one is heavier so think it needs a 'proper' solution

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I use the double sided pads made for the job from Halfords or most other motor factors.

Reply to
John Williamson

I took mine, which I had repeatedly tried to fix myself, to one of the popular windscreen repairers. It's been fine for years and they didn't even charge.

Reply to
AnthonyL

John Williamson put finger to keyboard:

V. expensive from Halfords.

I popped in to the local Autoglass (just before they closed for the night

- sneaky!) and blagged a couple of them.

Make absolutely sure that *all* the residue from the old pad is removed before using the new one, and that the glass is very clean.

Reply to
Scion

+1
Reply to
Andy Cap

On Monday 02 December 2013 10:42 Mike Tomlinson wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Loctite 319:

Tim Watts

About a year ago I fixed mine with Serious Glue:

In cold weather, took a while to set, but has so far held up fine. On the basis of having various other uses for the Serious Glue, it seemed a more economical solution. Did need to arrange gaffer tape, etc. to hold the mirror in place while setting (I left it overnight).

Reply to
polygonum