Re: where to get CH pipe ducting for concrete floor?

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 19:23:40 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@alumni.caltech.edu (Niel A. Farrow) wrote:

If you use plastic, there is a corrugated plastic ducting made by John Guest (i.e. JG Speedfit) which can be buried in the concrete and the pipe run through. You need one duct per pipe....
http://www.johnguest.com/linkpages/SPFINSTADV.html
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
same sort of stuff from
www.bes.ltd
13531, 25 metres 15 mm 15 13533, 25 metres 22mm 22
(no connection, just a happy customer though less happy since they started charging for delivery)
     snipped-for-privacy@alumni.caltech.edu (Niel A. Farrow) writes:

It certainly exists -- it's used all over the ground floor of my house. Also useful for feeding Cat 5, aerial, and speaker cables (wouldn't want to put mains cables in with the heating pipes).
Don't make the mistake they did in my house though... In the living room, it effectively splits the floor into 3 areas, and unfortunately, they didn't fill the 3 areas up to exactly the same level with screed, so you can notice when you walk over it as the floor level changes slightly. To be honest though, I never noticed this until after I had pulled up the old carpet and found the trunking, so I guess it isn't that bad really.
--
Andrew Gabriel