Re: Towing Tuition

Class one HGV Tuition is ideal. If, after going through these courses, you can't put a tractor / trailer unit backwards through a narrow street, or round a tight road junction, then there's no hope for you. :-))
--
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Feel free!
As a matter of interest, you have archived it as an example of *what*?
Roger
message

Of what they are all doing wrong. They all seem to think that pushing the trailers sideways around corners is perfectly acceptable, but a study of what your pages show should help them understand where they're going wrong. Now all I have to do is get them to come to a practice weekend.
--
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com
Hello Andrew

Good man.

Definately worth doing, unless you have the use of a field and don't mind playing around practicing for a few hours by yourself - and even then, you don't get the benefit of being taught.
I did a faq for horse trailers, may be of some use;
http://www.mareandfoal.org/articles/Towing.html
--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:59:35 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@digdilem.org (Simon Avery) wrote:

Page cannot be displayed?
Andrew
The key question is, is this for personal improvement or to get +E entitlement on your licence www.dvla.gov.uk
-- Muddy Paws (remove muddy paws to reply)
(Simon

Hello Andrew

Oddness. I've just checked it and it's fine here. There has been some dns issues across the web recently, maybe it's a temporary glitch?
It's a tad out of date wrt the legal side though.
--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK
On 16 Jul 2003 00:58:00 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (rob w) wrote:

Seconded.
Andrew
from snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (rob w) contains these words:

I agree 100%. If it is a small camping\DIY building materials trailer, your money is better spent on buying a jockey wheel (if it does not have one already) and just unhitching and manouevering by hand.
In any case go out and practise reversing in an empty corner of a supermarket car park on a Sunday morning. Go slowly, and keep stopping and getting out to look at the position of the wheels at each stage of the movement, reversing into the marked bays. This takes the same effort as going to a course, and is free. If you cannot get the hang of things, then take the course, or just watch other vehicles reversing to see where you were going wrong, and go back and try again.
I used the same method to teach daughters and their friends the basics of riding small motor-bikes. Do not make the mistake I did with my innocent party-stopping comment, heard by all in a moment of hush; 'I had Helen on Tesco car park this morning.'
Good luck, John.