Re: Torbeck Valve Fill Speed - should it be so slow?

Hi all,

> > The toilet in the main bathroom has a torbeck valve installed, and it seems > to take an absolute age to fill. > > Well, about 90 seconds... > > Does this sound reasonable, I have stripped the valve down and cleaned the > filter and there was some rubbish in the flow restrictor, but it doesn't > seem to have helped the flow rate at all. > > It runs at mains pressure, and has the mains pressure restricter installed. > > To be fair, the valve does fill very quietly - should I just live with it, > or does anyone have any ideas? > > Many thanks, > > Harv > > IMM, if you read this, then many thanks for your advice re: the HepVo, > worked a treat!

Thanks. Torbecks come with 3 flow restrictors that insert into the pipe. Keep trying these until the right one is found. If they are lost then insert an in-line service valve and restrict or open the flow that way. I would not find 1.5 mins to fill a toilet slow. You are not operating toilets at Waterloo where fills have to be in a few seconds. The main quality of Torbecks is the quietness, which I find superb.

Reply to
IMM

Removing the flow restrictor? (Or, more likely, replacing with a less aggressive one).

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

You can try taking the flow restrictor out and clipping a section off from the end that goes into the valve. This will increase the flow rate. Do it a little at a time though.....

I had the same issue and resolved it this way

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Yes. The diaphragm has gone hard - replace it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman